Tuesday 28 September 2010

A of W again & something “pops”…

…I draw the Cosmic Tribe Ace of Wands for the second time in 4 days and yesterday´s card was the Knight! 
I realise that with the passing of Mabon last week, I should now be into the Hallowquest realm of Cups.  I didn´t even give it a passing thought; no ritual, no acknowledgement of the date even.  Equinox and full moon were almost ignored in this household.  I am still using the Cosmic Tribe deck and the very fiery Wands are demanding my immediate attention.
Alright, alright … I´m paying attention now.
When I drew the Ace on Saturday, I felt my Queen of Swords aspect trying to assimilate the card´s  significance with intellect alone.  Drawing the very cheeky Knight yesterday must have given me the necessary spirit to, at last, receive the message.  I´ll be honest, when the Ace came out this morning, I felt disappointment.  I am quickly bored and when I decide to draw one card a day, I like it to be different. There are 78 cards to chose from, so I think it´s reasonable to expect a card that hasn´t come up for a while. 
I didn´t give it too much thought at the time; I just got on with the morning.  I had some seeds to sort out first thing, for planting later.  I therefore had to move a box that had been gathering dust in the corner since spring.  That prompted S. to clear out that corner; which in turn, inspired me to take everything off the dresser and give it a long-overdue wash-down…
…and that´s when I heard the “pop” – or rather sensed it.  Some people may have said “something clicked into place” because suddenly it felt like I had completed a major part of the puzzle.  I remember now that I skipped the Wands Hallowquest at Litha; “not up to it physically” was the message from Merlin and the Stone Realm.  The Sword Knight didn´t think that I was up to the tests and challenges of the Lands Adventurous and I agreed.  Physically, I am sedentary by nature, which makes it crazy that I live in a place like I do, that demands so much more than I feel able to give.  What changed the situation was August´s Boom Festival – the most physically demanding thing I have done since I don´t know when.  Walking 10+ km a day, every day, for a full week, is the equivalent of a year´s exercise for me (I´m ashamed to admit).  Completing it was like an initiation test (there is so much more I could say on this, than I am prepared to write about now). 
Top
No wonder the Wands started to show up in force from the last moon cycle that started with the New Moon in Virgo on the 8th September: the Queen, Princess and Prince (twice), as well as the Knight yesterday, Ace twice and the Two, plus Death, which in this deck is also surrounded in a halo of fire – I think this is pretty clear.  Working with the Wands (Spear realm) now should help to burn up some physical energy and with the Death card (my card, as I am a Scorpio), can at last clear away some of the stagnant energy that has been holding S. and I stuck for some time.
Top-1
I now realise that I am continuing to work on the Hallowquest course, even when using other decks.  I have read the book enough times and attempted to complete the course for 10 years – the course work is inside me now.  It integrates with the other study I do; Christine Jette´s “Tarot Shadow Work” and Gabrielle Roth´s “Maps To Ecstacy” are two I am using at the moment.  This is why I felt moved to bring all the tarot-related posts under this blog – it makes sense now.  I have done enough of the deep digging that Scorpios are noted for and can now begin to pull the work together into a whole.  Wholistic!

1 comment:

Laura said...

In my quest to master the tarot I really enjoy this blog. Thank you for all of your hard work in posting it!
A wonderful day to you. :)
Laura