Saturday 23 June 2007

Inspiration Tarot

Shortly after Sim gave me the Arthurian Tarot he came across a second-hand copy of Inspiration Tarot by Gail Fairfield and Patti Provo (ISBN 0-87728-731-7). This is another workbook and I admit I have a weakness for them (ever the eager scholar yet never graduating!). One is encouraged to actually write and draw in the book - shock! horror! - no teacher ever allows writing in text books do they?

Well, for about 6 years I have carried this around with me through three changes of address and a spell travelling in a caravan. Only last month did I dare to start using this book as it was intended. My first tentative effort was to insert a photocopy of a newspaper photograph that had struck me as a great picture for Strength. Then 3 weeks ago I bravely took some coloured pens and WROTE IN THE BOOK!! (Please don't put me in detention Miss!) I also did a rough pencil sketch for The Lovers as well as in my own journal pasted a copy of an inspirational photo for the same card, with some scrawled edits on it. Now I'm off the start post I see it's not so difficult after all - plus, I have begun to value my own efforts which is key IMO.

No comments: