Sunday 15 July 2007

Labyrinth - Lesson 27 Arthur


Last night conducted a new moon ritual at the labyrinth I created. This is on the site where we had our giant annual bonfire every November for the last 3years. I felt it needed cleansing and had drawn a pentagram on it before I laid the stones. When I meditated there, I had a powerful connection to the 4 lovely dogs we've lost here, and to all the dogs that have belonged on the quinta at one time or another. I felt great sadness and it was a very healing moment.

I wanted to use the ritual time for 2 purposes. First to consecrate my finished wand (see http://quintanet.blogspot.com/) and secondly to complete Arthur's meditation by walking the labyrinth. As I hadn't had the time or (to be honest) the dedication to create a labyrinth with 7 turns, I had decided I would walk mine 9 times, answering 1 question each time.

I completed the cleansing and dedication of the wand, then my husband loyally stepped in to ask the questions and to hold the tarot. These were the questions, my answers and the card drawn with lwb divinatory meanings:

Arthur: "At this entrance to Sovereignty's maze, how will you uphold my justice?"
Me: "By speaking out where wrong is said or done."
The Moon: "Clear visualisation; generation; cyclic patterns of growth; fertility and increase; fluctuation; dreams and visions; introspection; necessary preparation; fallowness; the seasonal round; the tides of time."

Sun: "The ruler's acts are reflected in the land itself: what kind of weather typifies your actions?"
Me: "The wind that blows sometimes strong and sometimes weak."
Sword Knight: "He is incisive and fearless, prompt to defend the weak and swift to halt injustice; he asserts the idea of right with skill and courage; he is the upholder of the Sword of Light."

Spear King: "The ruler is known for great generosity; what gift do you give to all impartially?"
Me: "The gift of patient understanding."
Grail Five: "Disillusion; disappointment; vain regret; the ability to learn from mistakes and assess one's limitations; broken agreements or promises."

Green Knight: "The ruler maintains the boundaries; how will you defend your land?"
Me: "With the protection and empowerment of my magickal tools."
Sovereignty: "Justice; equity; rightful rule; vindication of integrity; perception of motives; fair exchange; honest relationships; good measure; balanced reaction."

Spear Queen: "The ruler shows compassion to the unfortunate; how will you relieve distress?"
Me: "By listening to their pleas and acting where I am empowered."
Stone Queen: "She is noble and practical; she understands the relationship of all life to the land; she imparts a sense of nurture and security to all who encounter her."

Prydwen: "The ruler looks for a cure for the land's sickness; what disease currently afflicts your land?"
Me: "Fear."
Grail Hallow: "Fertility; abundance; nurture; spiritual joy; healing; gladness; the emotional faculty; restoration after barrenness."

Spear Knight: "The ruler maintains the land's honour; how are you attuned to the honour of your land?"
Me: "By respecting the ancestors and their tales."
Grail Nine: "Satisfaction, one's heart's desire; security; physical pleasure; emotional contentment."

Spear Maiden: "The ruler maintains truth in all things; what is the root of your own integrity?"
Me: "My upbringing."
Grail Ten: "Wholeness; perfection of contentment; fellowship and family; the holiness of the home; peace and happiness; the completion of desire shared by others."

Sovereignty: "At the centre of my maze, I ask you, what oath will you make to be worthy of the Spear?"
Me: "I swear to be a faithful student and will leave no stone unturned on my journey to my Self."
Grail Queen: "She is intuitive and sympathetic, her compassionate nature embraces all; she imparts the gifts of love to all who encounter her; the depth of her emotion marks her as the upholder of the Grail."

Five Grails in the reading!! Could this be to do with the new moon in cancer and processing all that old emotional baggage?


Arthur's gift? Well, that's a strange one. I'd completely forgotten until this morning, when I went to bury the remains of the ritual candle in the centre of the labyrinth. I found there a bend, rusty nail. I wouldn't have taken any notice normally, were it not that I was reading about witches' bottles yesterday. These were protective amulets, created by the witch to protect her home from negative influence. They contained all manner of strange objects, including bent, rusty nails. Hmm, looks like my next creative project!

No comments: